STOP - This course is for you if...
- you've completed your SAF but you feel that 'something isn't right on paper' but you can't put your finger on it.
- you feel you don't sell yourself as well as you could.
- you feel under pressure to get a job this year.
- you have restricted recognition or you came to teaching later in life and you fear that it holds you back.
- you've returned home from abroad and you want to sell the experience that you've had there in the Irish setting.
- you're a final year student and you're clueless about how to apply for jobs.
- you've considered working with me 1-1 but cost or has put you off but you are very curious about what I can offer.
- you prefer to learn the skills for yourself so that you don't have to work with a professional year in, year out to update your job application forms.
- you lack confidence in your ability to sell yourself sometimes but you know you are a great teacher (you just can't get that across to them!)
- you want to identify and share your area of expertise but don't know where to begin.
- in the past you've been sick and tired of applying for jobs and hearing NOTHING back.
- you're ready to think positively about the job search as much as you can!
In 'Selling Yourself - The Complete Course for Applying for Teaching Jobs' you will learn how to....
Create content that principals want to read
Gain a deeper understanding of their problem and learn how to tailor your content to their needs.
Feel Confident in Your SAF, CV and Letter of Application Follow a Step by Step Process to Build Confidence, Write Your Job Applications and Create Fantastic Applications!
Apply less, but apply better so that you have more free time but get better results
Target your top schools instead of sending 100s of applications using simple ways to tailor your application.
Tell them all about you - without losing their interest
It's a fine line between writing too much and boring them and not writing enough - so that they have little to go on. Learn how to pack a punch with your job application with this course.
Feel Reassured that you're doing the right things
Follow the steps laid out in this course to feel reassured that what you're writing and feeling in best practice when applying for jobs.
Gain an insight into what's happening for principals too
Understand why there might be delays with recruitment, how principals feel and what they are indeed, looking for in potential teachers for their school.
- You felt hopeful each time you sent off an application.
- Applying for jobs was easier because you knew precisely what to say to create an authentic and impressive job application.
- You felt reassured that you are offering all you can even if you don't get called for interview - you and that school weren't the right match this time.
- You felt less rejected because you accept that the system is unfair for some but you know the right opportunity will arise for you.
- This is the year you've decided to move home by hook or by crook - and your job hunt was easier because you simply followed the steps in this course.
- Your move back home meant that you had the opportunity to set up home in the area that you want in a school in an area that suits you.
- You understood what principals really wanted and you created a form that shows them that that's what you have to offer.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the questions people most frequently ask me:
👩🏫 How does this differ from your NQT Guide?
Launching my NQT Guide was an amazing insight into the demand for high-quality information to help NQTs apply for jobs. The responsibility from 'Acing Your Job Application An All-in-1 Guide' was fantastic.
LOADS OF EXTRA TIPS
This course is designed to give you hours of insight that is not outlined in my NQT Guide - Tips and ideas such as:
How to change your energy so that you're in a positive mind frame when sending out job applications - even if you’re triggered by the feeling of rejection.
- VIDEOS - I talk you through the CV and SAF - outlining tips to make yours better like some of the best documents I've seen in the past.
- DOWNLOADABLE TOOLS to help you brainstorm what you have to offer in a school and to save you time creating your own templates.
- THINK LIKE A PRINCIPAL You'll get insights into how a principal thinks when it comes to recruitment time so that you know what's going through their mind when reading your SAF.
- STAND OUT - I share tips for you to showcase your experience in new, professional ways.
👩🏫 How does it differ from having a SAF Review with you?
- PRE-RECORDED: This course is a self-paced study course lasting just 3-5 hours in length which outlines my best tips for updating your CV, LOA and SAF.
- LIFETIME OF THE COURSE ACCESS; It will allow you to reference the course year in, year out (if necessary) as you update your job application documents.
- NEW INSIGHTS: In it, you will learn how to read between the lines to find out how to use the school websites, truly put yourself into the principal's shoes, figure out your strengths, how to promote yourself in new ways and much more.
- EASY CHANGES: You will feel hopeful, accomplished, confident and proud of your job application.
- ACCESS VIA AN APP: If you love self-paced study and learning new things, this course is for you!
- REVISE AND UPGRADE YOUR APPLICATION: If I've reviewed your SAF - then this course is a brilliant way to jog your memory about what we covered in the call together. You'll get new phrases and words and ways to upgrade your SAF after another year of teaching experience.
👩🏫 It is a little expensive...
This course costs more than other courses out there on the same theme.
❌ It's not the same, however.
Because I am a coach, this course aims to help you make better job applications from the inside out.
The truth is you will find the job application process very difficult if you believe that...
❌ you can't do it.
❌ you hate interviews and always fall apart at them.- it's so boring tailoring job applications.
❌ I'm always rejected anyway.
In this course, we look at your beliefs about job seeking so that you begin from a place that is hopeful, proud and you'll be confident that you've made a real difference in how you apply for jobs.
🎯 new ways to sell yourself
🎯 better ways to outline your teaching experiences
🎯 how to make your form scannable so that your most impressive information stands out most.
👩🏫 If I had my CV/SAF Reviewed with you last year will I find the information in this course useful still?
Brilliant, thank you for your business last year. If you are 100% happy with your documents and your SAF/CV return rate is 80%+ then you have a fairly solid SAF/CV.
💻If, however, you are focusing on improving it again this year and you are updating it with this year's experience - then investing in this course would be extremely beneficial.
🥇 You will learn my latest nuggets of information, new ways of selling yourself and gain a deeper understanding of what you can now offer a year after speaking to me.
If you feel that you no longer need that 1-1 support with me and you can do lots solo - this is a fantastic addition for you for your career development.
👩🏫 How long does it take to complete?
The course is relatively short and takes between 3 - 5 hours to complete. Perfect to learn lots of useful information quickly!
👩🏫 There are other courses available already
I want to address this from the outset. I know that last year, there were other job-seeking courses out there. Some were even cheaper than mine. I know that.
🧩 If you've been following me for a while now though, you'll know 🤩 that I know my stuff.
🏫 I've spent a huge amount of time reaching out to principals, coaches and those who hire staff regularly to learn what they're looking for and to find the latest changes inside and outside of education. 🎯 That's what you're getting in this 'Selling Yourself - The Complete Course for Applying for Teaching Jobs'.
👩🏫 What if I don't have the money?
If, in the past you've sent out tens or hundreds of applications... 😖 this is a red flag that there's something that you need to change in your approach to applying for jobs.
🔷 If you've never tried other approaches - perhaps this is the time to invest early in the season to give yourself the best chance at securing interviews!
🤔 Each September, I am inundated with requests for SAF reviews from teachers who had not invested in my services and had missed out on opportunities during the summer time.
💥 Can you afford NOT to invest in your job-seeking skills?
👩🏫 I’m newly qualified this year: Is this too advanced for me?
Not at all, my course is the ideal investment for you too. While I’m addressing the mindset behind applying for jobs – fear of rejection and fear of lack - 💥 this is something that MOST job seekers go through. This content is for teachers at any stage in their careers.
As a Newly Qualified Teacher – imagine if you learned these skills from the outset? Imagine if, as a result of starting off on the right foot you experienced the process easier than NQTs did in the past because you are doing the right things now?!
🤩 That would be pretty amazing, wouldn't it?!
👩🏫 Will this course show me what I need to do to get a temporary job?
😉 My experience with NQTs, experienced teachers and those in management roles - means that I am ideally placed to understand what principals are looking for when it comes to recruitment in education.
🏫 If your aim is to get a temporary job, I suggest investing time and money in your career development, building your own self-belief and creating as many opportunities for yourself to succeed as possible.
😃 If you use the content in this course to outline both your hard skills (ICT, sports, curricular interests etc.) and your soft skills (communication, teamwork, empathy etc.) you will have a much greater understanding of the process and it should result in you having better results in the job application process. *Disclaimer – If you lack the skills necessary to be an effective teacher and teaching is not really the profession for you - then this course cannot give you those skills or improve your reputation as a teacher.
🌞 It CAN, however, help you to shine in the job application process!
🎯 If you want to increase your chances of securing a job that you will be paid for next summer – this course will help you do that!
👩🏫 Is this course suitable for those applying for management positions?
😎 This course is aimed primarily at those applying for mainstream and SET roles in Ireland.
➡ Check out this masterclass ⬅ to learn more about how to effectively apply for leadership roles using the 4 Domains, the LAOS competencies and the statements outlined in the LAOS document.
👩🏫 Is this course suitable for post primary teachers?
😁 Yes, indeed. I review post-primary teacher CVs and Application Forms on a regular basis. 🧭The content in this course is suitable for you as a post-primary teacher too.
👩🏫 I want to apply for Educate Together/CNSs - will this course help me?
Yes - the feedback from principals is that 😨 the ethos section is very poor in general when applying to ET and CNSs.
💡 I have sections in the course dedicated to both types of schools - to give a deeper understanding and encourage you to reflect on whether or not you are a good match.
🤩 After these lessons, you will be empowered to make a better application to Educate Together and Community National Schools.
Here's What Teachers and Principals Say About The Course
"This course is fantastic because it covers all aspects of job hunting in education".
Megan's response to 'Selling Yourself - The Complete Course for Applying for Teaching Jobs' was very positive.
"Orla helped me secure my job last year"
Stephanie shares her honest thoughts about the course.
“Wow! Where was this 10 years ago?! As a principal, I see a big gap in the Irish market for teachers applying for jobs. Orla has put together a fantastic course, sharing her wealth of knowledge and expertise from CVs and SAFs to confidence building in interviews.
I would recommend this course for anyone in the teaching sector from first time applicants NQTs to established teachers making a move. Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat. ”
Primary School Principal
“When I receive application forms for jobs, I look for people who want to work in our school. Orla's course not only offers you good advice on preparing application forms, she gives you the tools to make your application the best it can be, to tailor it to the school that you want to work in. ”
Principal - Carlow ETNS
“Orla’s course ‘Selling Yourself’ is easy and interesting to read with very helpful tips. I found the sample letter section very nice to read - completely different to one I'd write. Also, the videos are helpful – particularly the one with filling in SAF was very effective.
This is a step by step guide of everything you need to know while applying for jobs. It breaks every step down into small manageable and straightforward steps. Filling out a SAF/Cover Letter with the aid of this course will make very clear applications and more confidence in how you are filling them out. ”
NQT (1 year out)
Save Time and Energy
Many NQTs (and job changers) don't know where to BEGIN when applying for jobs. This course answers all your questions about SAFs, CVs, Letters of Application and how to remain positive while you wait for the right opportunity to arise.
Selling Yourself - The Complete Course for Applying for Teaching Jobs - will help you save time and energy by setting off on the right foot - FIRST TIME AROUND!
What More Teachers Are Saying
““Before completing this course the thought of completing an SAF was very daunting and overwhelming for me. I had so many unanswered questions. This course has really guided me in the right direction and given me a lot to think about for when I do get the chance to fill out my first SAF! Tailored vs. Blanket Applications and Special Interests sections - I will definitely use all this info when going to complete my SAF's.
Having a positive and confident mindset is so important and the array of examples provided in the course gave me a great understanding of how to get that across when completing the standard application form. I think it is a perfect length, and the fact you can jump in and out of selected tasks is an added bonus, it has all the necessary information and is straight to the point.
It was lovely bright and colourful. I have not fully thought about the world of completing SAF's yet, but when I occasionally did, the thoughts frightened me, it was a minefield for me, something that is quite daunting as a future NQT. This course has really given me confidence in how exactly I can approach it in a clear and concise way!””
Want to update your SAF, CV or Letter of Application NOW?
Perhaps you're tired of second-guessing yourself - thinking that something just doesn't seem quite right - or perhaps you're completely clueless at this whole job application process in the first place!
Selling Yourself - The Complete Guide to Applying for Teaching Jobs - is exactly what you need.
Be supported at each step along the way. In this course, I share the exclusive information I only share with my 1-1 clients including top tips via
- pdfs and
- our top app (learn on the go) and
- access to my private Facebook Group for further support when you need it most.
Selling Yourself - The Complete Course for Applying for Teaching Jobs - is created by a primary school teacher and career coach who is passionate about helping teachers find the best school for you!
“Happy ....promising....upbeat..... .determined. Not too heavy on information... but still loaded. No fluff! It was a good length - quick to get through but still easy to navigate and success reached fast. Having done so much with you last year for me the best bit of all was the sample letter information is concise and to the point. Easy to access and clearly laid out. Very easily explained... and easy to go back and find information if I needed to reference it again.
Orla has been a very enthusiastic tutor - not just for the one to one session I undertook in the past but since then. She has offered so much help and advice to her "family" of clients. Having undertaken this course and with Orla's help and support I have found a drastic shift in my attitude towards job applications. Yes I may still be upset if I don't get a job I really wanted but my attitude has changed from devastation to one of positivity and forward looking with hope and optimism. It is an emotional rollercoaster of a time in a teacher's career but I know with the correct guidance from Orla and her wisdom that it is a much more optimistic and positive experience now. I would highly recommend Orla, this course and all of her products. ”